As the Chicago Palestine Film Festival continues to grow, we are looking for the next generation of Palestinian storytellers. Beginning May 5th we will start accepting applications for our first CPFF annual scholarship.
This year’s scholarship award is $5000.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate their ability to tell a narrative related to Palestine and/or being Palestinian through film. Applicants will be judged solely on the quality of storytelling, and a panel of CPFF judges will choose five finalists to be interviewed in person. The scholarship will be awarded to one individual based on the quality of film and interview.
1. Who is eligible for the scholarship?
In order to qualify for the scholarship, you must be:
- Of Palestinian descent; having at least one grandparent or parent of Palestinian descent.
- Enrolled in an accredited US college or University for Fall 2016.
NOTE: Recent high school graduates and returning students are welcome to apply.
- Serve as Chicago Palestine Film Festival (CPFF) Student Ambassador at events throughout the year.
2. How do I apply?
- Complete the entry form on the CPFF Scholarship page.
- Submit a 500-word essay on “What does being Palestinian mean to you?”
- Create and submit a 3 to 5-minute narrative film related to Palestine or being Palestinian.
3. How do I submit my film?
Upload your 3 to 5-minute film to YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox. In the entry form, copy and paste the link to your film. If the film is password protected, please share the password. Invalid links or passwords will be cause for your entry to be disqualified.
We strongly suggest using Vimeo, as you can enable password protection for your film.
4. Is there a submission fee?
No, we do not charge a fee.
5. When are scholarship submissions due?
The completed entry form, essay and film are due July 14th, 2016 at midnight. Late entries will not be considered.
*Applicant’s age and declared major will not be taken into consideration, but school transcripts and proof of college registration may be requested and should be available upon request.
Please read the entirety of the Terms & Conditions document prior to submitting your entry.
Please see FAQ scholarship document for other detailed information.
The 2016 Scholarship submission has ended.
A winner will be announced soon.